Parent Council@ 3:30 pm March 8, 2016
Members Present; Trina, Fay, Christin, Bev, Sandy, Josie and Jodie
1. Opening Prayer
2. Additions to Agenda: No additions
3. Adoptions of Minutes from Previous Meeting Christin motions to adopt the mintues with changes, Trinal Second
4. Information Sharing:
· Sandy’s report.
*March 17th Mass at 11
* Grade 4's presenting Stations of the Cross -time to be announced (Holy Thursday)
* Grade 5 The Last Supper (Holy Thursday)
* We donated $270 to Food Bank and over 300 food items in glass cabinet
* Meetings for sacraments occurring the next two months
* Irish Stew Supper and Cake Walk March 17th
* Reconciliation here at the school for the students - March 14-18
* Voice for Life presentation for Grades 4-9 March 16 and 17th
* March 15 – Archbishop’s supper in Peace River
* 15 students in Grade 2 are eligible to make First Reconciliation this year.
* Archbishop Pettipas will be here for his parish visit April 23-25 and Confirmation will be on the 23rd and Archbishop Pettipas will be visiting the school on the 25th.
· Bev’s report.
- Kathryn Gauthier took a group of French students to St. Isadore for the winter carnival on Feb. 13th.
- Amanda MacDonald came back to work on Feb. 16th. She resumed her role as the Kindergarten teacher. Kristy Peterson will be offering some LA supports, some music and drama options and assisting in the kindergarten room.
- 1ooth day was celebrated Wednesday, Feb. 17.
- Our after-school girl’s group met on Feb. 17th
- 6 of our EAs attended the EA workshop in Edmonton on Feb. 19th
- Pink shirt day to support the anti-bullying campaign was on Feb. 24th
- Mr. Macleod took a junior high curling team to zones in Manning and the team took silver on Feb. 25th & 26th
- Teacher’s Convention in Grande Prairie was on Mar. 3 & 4
- Teacher’s had a work day on Mar. 7
Mar. 11th – Report cards go home
Mar. 11th – Fashion Show coordinated and organized by our FNMI coordinator – Belinda Boman
After-school Badminton season will begin soon.
Easter break begins on Mar. 25th
5. Easter Funderaiser (basket) –
Motion: Christin moves that Parent Council spends $200 to fill Easter Basket draw plus members can donate items also. APPROVED.
6. Treasurer’s Report presented by Christin
a. The bank account balance of both accounts is $33,154.70.
7. Adjournment at 4:02. Next Meeting April 12.
Back to top
[Pick the date] Page 1