Parent Council@ 7:00 pm Sept.28th, 2016
1. Opening Prayer
2. Additions to Agenda
· Math Parent Training/Information Night – Family Game night to teach kids/parents math concepts. K-3 Night – Grade 4-6. – Junior High. Parent Council will host a Family Math Game Night, it will be scheduled for the new year. A planning meeting will be held in December.
· Parent Council Meetings – meetings will be held on the first Thursday of every month. Starting in November, excluding January.
3. Adoptions of Minutes from Previous Meeting – Christalee moves adoption of the May 10, 2016 meeting minutes.
4. Parent Council Position Elections
· Chair: Trina Parker-Carroll
· Vice Chair: Chirstalee Brotnov
· Treasurer: Bev Laughlin
· Secretary: Rotating position
5. Information Sharing
Religion (Sandy)- Report Attached
■ I attended a Parish Council meeting on September 12th. Fr. Abraham is gone on a month long vacation back to India. He will be returning to Canada on October 16th.
■ We will be having our Recommissioning Mass on October 30th and there will be a pancake breakfast following at the school.
■ We had our school led Mass on Sunday, September 18th.
■ The Grade 4 class is presenting a Pentecost play on Monday, October 3rd following Assembly.
■ The CWL will be presenting the Grade 4 class with New Testament Bibles in early October.
■ School Report (Bev)- Report Attached
- Mr. Macleod, Mrs. Peterson and Mrs. Smart left last year.
- We moved Mr. MacDonald up to Junior High Math and Physical Education and hired Carolyn Horwood as the new Grade 6 teacher. We also hired Cindy Klassen as an Educational Assistant and are looking to hire another full-time EA as soon as possible.
- We currently have 254 students enrolled in our school.
- Meet the Teacher Night was Tuesday, Sept. 13th.
- We have a new school photographer. Mary Lawson took school pictures on Thursday, Sept. 15th and did class group photos this past Monday, Sept. 26th. Retakes are scheduled for Thursday Oct. 13th.
- We had the Junior high sleepover on Sept. 16th – 70/84 kids came
- Bus safety/evacuation practise was last Tuesday, the 20th.
■ Information (Jodie) -
*New Staff – Carolyn Horwood(Gr 6 Teacher), Hiring new EA
*Enrollment - 254
*Review School Council By-Laws – By-laws handed out to all members to review and to make recommendations for changes for the Novemeber meeting.
6. Treasurer’s Report – Will be attached
7. Adjournment – 8:00 pm
Back to top
[Pick the date] Page 1