Upgrade from DocuShare 7 to 7.5
- DocuShare version required: DocuShare 7.0 Update 1 Patch 3 (DS7Update1p3)
- Windows Server 2016 and 2019
- RedHat 7 and 8
- Solaris 10.x is not supported at this time
- Tomcat 9.x
- Web Server
- Apache 2.4.37 or later
- IIS 10
- MS SQL Express 2014 updated to SQL Express 2017 (Can be installed on same DocuShare server)
- PostGres 11.4.3 (Can be installed on same DocuShare server)
- Oracle 19c (Recommended to be installed on a separate server than DocuShare)
- MS SQL 2017, 2016 (Recommended to be installed on a separate server than DocuShare)
- Chrome (Latest)
- Edge-Chromium (latest)
- Safari (latest on iPad/iPhone/MacBook)
- A new license is required for DocuShare 7.5.
- A new license is required for DocuSign Connector.
- DocuShare provides a 30-day grace period to apply the new license after the upgrade.
- Application Connector is a URL based search that searches
for all Documents and Custom Documents for given property through a URL in
DocuShare. This has been extended to leverage Collection and Custom Collections
in addition to Documents and Custom Documents.
- AutoCreate Folder Content Rule automatically
files repetitive documents into a logical collection hierarchy based on
document metadata. All the metadata names that are same for the object.
The new folders that are created by the tool, will get the property value,
from the object to the folders.
- Copy Template - DocuShare
supports a copy/paste function in its standard web user interface which
adds location and does not create copies of objects. Copy Template copies
truly by creating objects, with preservation of permissions and
properties, if set in Administration configuration. The Copy Template can be configured as a content rule or
through the edit selected menu on the Web UI.
- Document Upload Page is a URL-based generic
document upload page. The user will enter all the prompted properties and
either select the document to upload from browsing the file system or drag
and drop the document on the browser window.
- DocuSign Add-on Connector for DocuShare with three workflows:
- Initiate a signed document and send to DocuShare.
- Initiate a document to be signed at DocuSign and returned to DocuShare.
- Initiate a template for processing at DocuSign for a signed document to be returned to DocuShare.
- Inheritance Content Rule allow documents to inherit property values from the parent collection.
If immediate parent collection has empty property value, they inherit the property value from other ancestor collections.
- Multiselect view gives a side by side popup view,
over the Collection View page, to view standard or customized document objects and their properties.
- Workflow reporting searches workflows which meet certain filtering criteria.
The search results will be displayed on the Web browser and can be saved to Microsoft Excel or csv file.
User Interface Refresh
- Home Page has new images for a fresher look.
- Logos and icons now use a hi-resolution format that looks good on high and normal resolution screens and devices. There are also new file type icons.
- User Interface refresh provides a more organized and intuitive page with Collection links on the left, Other Links to My DocuShare, Content Rules Management,
Workflow Reporting and Lifecycle Manager policies in the center, and Communities and workspaces to the right.
- Admin UI has new control for Enable StackTrace in Administration Menu->Site Management->Site Configuration.
- Admin UI has new control for Display Document Viewer in Administration Menu->Site Management->Site Configuration.
- Admin UI has new control for HTTP Header Content_Security_Policy in Administration Menu->Site Management->Site Configuration.
- Amazon Corretto 11 is a no-cost, multiplatform, production-ready distribution of the Open Java Development Kit (OpenJDK). It comes with long-term support that includes performance enhancements and security fixes.
- Apache Solr for new installations of DocuShare, this replaces Autonomy's IDOL search and indexing engine within the new DocuShare 7.5. Solr is highly reliable, scalable and fault tolerant, providing distributed indexing, replication and load-balanced querying, automated failover and recovery, centralized configuration and more. Solr powers the search and navigation features of many of the world's largest internet sites.
- Apache Tomcat 9.x implements the Servlet 4.0 and JavaServer Pages 2.3 specifications from the Java Community Process and includes many additional features that make it a useful platform for developing and deploying web applications and web services.
- Aspose is used for PDF conversion on DocuShare without the need for Adobe Acrobat. It allows for multithreading processing, compression, multiple document element support. It is low cost, has great support; and great support translates to an efficient DocuShare system.
- XSLTForms is an open source client-side implementation of XForms, is used to create DocuShare Wiki/Weblogs.
- Add-Ons and applications built or rebuilt for Corretto 11 include:
- Document Viewer
- Lifecycle Manager
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Scan
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- DocuShare Developer Environment (DSDE)
- PrizmDoc has been upgraded to 13.x.
This displays a multitude of filetypes in a browser with no additional software needed.
This embedded technology renders and displays documents within DocuShare with zero footprint.
- Xerox ConnectKey for DocuShare now has Centos support.
CentOS is a free operating system distribution based upon the Linux Kernel.
- Xerox ConnectKey for DocuShare also has TLS 1.2 support for security across internet connections between DocuShare and ConnectKey devices.
- For new Document Viewer installation, PrizmDoc 13.x runs the client and the server on the same box.
- For upgrades with Document Viewer installed, PrizmDoc will continue to run the client on the DocuShare server and the PrizmDoc 12.x on another server.
- For upgrades without Document viewer, PrizmDoc 13.x runs the client and the server on the same box.
- Currently, we do not support running multiple DocuShare instances on a single VM with Solr.
- The Solr engine is started automatically after DocuShare 7.5 Installation (both Linux and Windows). However, if Linux machine is restarted, the Solr engine must be started manually before starting DocuShare.
- Only a new net install will provide the Solr engine. Upgrade from DocuShare 7.0 IDOL Service will retain IDOL engine.
Currently there is no migration/upgrade path to move from IDOL to Solr search engine (KeyView/IDOL to Tika/Solr)
- Current customers who are running on IDOL must remain on IDOL.
- Running IDOL and Tika on the same server will cause conflict in the search functionality.
DocuShare add-ons and features new in the release
- Xerox DocuShare Connector Feature for DocuSign
- The Index Statistics will display with DocuShare 7.5 sites running IDOL as before.
- The following Index Statistics have been removed for new DocuShare 7.5 install with Solr:
- Average Data Filter Times
- Current running IDOL jobs
- History of IDOL jobs
- Average Event Block Processing Times
Fixes in this Release
Setting in Admin Home for Web
User Interface downloads use the Filename or Title
||New Admin Home Site Configuration option Display Show All button on content listing pages
||When Creating a Weblog, the Moderator Field is a type in box instead of a check box
||The Date format displayed in Weblog Entries is inconsistent with other date fields
||Update the message for info.not_exist
||Wiki Preview generates a Stack Trace error if linking to another Wiki.
||Ability to change the decimal separator of BigDecimal / Float properties
||Unable to edit large / complex Wikis
||Content Rule Content Property Conditions should offer a 'Not Empty' selection
||Support for SQL Server on Windows for Linux installations
||verifyContentStore needs chunksize parameter added
||Set a default Scan page in the Connect Key Scan Button Settings
||verifyContentStore -between x xxx -exists does not support -l argument
||Temp files when indexing are not deleted automatically
||Unable to receive routing notification email using an SMTP SSL server
||ConnectKey support for TLS1.2 behind a firewall registration
||Add the infinityMax=1 to the webDAV.properties
||After applying update there is problem related to Collections having Modified Date updated
||If a file name or Title has a "TAB" (%9) in the name it will not open properly
||Custom Email Template does not work
||Messages when drag and drop to web differ based on type of required metadata not filled in
||Zip And Download feature in DS7 replacing characters
||Content Rules not being cleaned up properly
The Windows install of build 132 reboots PC and fails to install. The reboot is caused by VC lib installation.
Install individual 32-bit and 64-bit vclib from DS7.5 package under Windows\vcredist_x86 and vcredist_x64 first. Then install DS7.5
||When adding a menu property, a combination of too-long menu ids can cause data loss with the labels
||Snippets are not supported for numeric or range searches on new (Solr) sites
The Solr location search uses a wild card search, which does string matching. It strips special characters from a search and maintains alphanumeric string segments. The simple search function does not use the same wild card search so results may differ from the location search if searching for a string that contains special characters.
When hierarchies are restored from the Trashcan, the hierarchy properties are indexed. Depending on the restore order of a parent or child object, it might be necessary to reindex the hierarchy. This ensures correct search results for the restored hierarchy.
Values for mapped DocuSign properties within Basic eSign Settings and Template Profiles Administration pages that exceed the length of the mapped DocuShare property
will not be returned after signing is complete
Supported MIME type for Multiselect View include: 'image/gif', 'image/jpeg', 'image/png', 'text/plain', 'text/html', 'text/xml', 'image/tif', 'image/tiff', 'image/bmp',
'image/svg+xml', 'application/pdf', 'application/vnd.fujixerox.docuworks', 'application/vnd.fujixerox.docuworks.binder', and 'application/vnd.fujixerox.docuworks.container'.
If a document type is not supported, it may still provide a viewing window, however the window will indicate “No Preview Available”.
Integer searching on values greater than 2147483646 or values less than -2147483648 will fail.
- Xerox DocuShare and Solr - IDOL-Solr Comparison Guide for internal support
- Xerox DocuShare Connector Feature for DocuSign - Administrator Guide
- Xerox DocuShare Connector Feature for DocuSign - Deployment Guide
- Xerox DocuShare Connector Feature for DocuSign - User Guide
Additional Information and Support
Click here for any updates to this document.
The latest information regarding DocuShare can be found on the DocuShare web site.
For information on a solution, search the Knowledge Base for a solution.